Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Prompt #28 Sestina- This thing might earn me a trip to the emergency room

For today's prompt, I want you to write a sestina. (Click here to find out the rules for sestinas.) So start figuring out your 6 end words and get writing.

But wait! Today is Tuesday, so you have one other option. You can write a poem about the sestina (your love, hate, frustration with, etc.).

Whether you decide to write a sestina or write about sestinas, remember to have fun. We're almost done!

This thing might earn me a trip to the emergency room

There will be pain
that’s the first thing
you have to realize
it isn’t easy to change
or it wouldn’t be worth
all the time and trouble

I found trouble
was in the pain
of feeling unworthy
It was a thing
I needed to change
If I would ever realize

just how much is realized
when one sees trouble
and wants to change
I located the pain
in this thing
of little worth

but it was worth
a scar to realize
this hanging tag thing
on my skin was more trouble
than the pain
of trying to change

the way changes
take place in this world
a doctor can’t see pain
he hasn’t realized
he only sees trouble
if it isn’t his thing

to remove this kind of thing
when he hasn’t seen a change
or doesn't understand the trouble
a thing like this is worth
that’s when I realized
I had to bear the pain

and cut this thing
myself because change
will only get me in trouble
if he thinks I’m not worth
the time to realize
I need to end this kind of pain

So in this pain I leave the thing
behind and realize a little change
is always worth a little trouble


4/29/2009 1:19:07 AM #413

0 comments: