Saturday, April 25, 2009

Prompt #22 This house needs me:

For today's prompt, I want you to write a work-related poem. Work doesn't have to be the main feature of the poem, but I want you to "work" it in somehow. And remember: There are different types of work. Of course, there are the activities that gain you fortune and fame (or not), but then, there's also housework, exercise, volunteering, etc. I'm sure you'll "work" it out.

This house needs me:

to open the shades in winter on the west side of the living room
close the windows in summer when it goes above 95
open the windows when the sun goes down
switch the ceiling fans in the day to counterclockwise
switch them back to clockwise to let the night air in
make sure the front door is closed all winter
let down the windows in the door in spring
close the door against the heat in summer

without me this house wouldn’t be fit to live in.

4/28/2009 4:21:52 PM #765

0 comments: