Saturday, April 25, 2009

Prompt #23 Rising Above the Dandelions

For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem of regret. Get creative with this one, but there should be some form of regret either expressed or hinted at (even if ever so slightly). You do NOT have to use the word "regret" in the poem, though it's fine if you do.

Rising Above the Dandelions

I regret cutting the dandelion heads
when they were high and not
the root when I had the chance.

Now they sit lower than the blade
on their nail-like stems and mock me
in the golden yellow robe of the Manipura

Chakra. They remind me that power
is only a perceived notion
gathering its essence from the powerless.

I would rather move beyond the lion
of fear, that knaws upon a stubborn
morsel of meat, to knowing

that my own head will rise higher
when the blades come at me
in an effort to reach beyond the white.

4/28/2009 3:13:43 PM #754

0 comments: